Magnificent Morganite and Some Of Our Favourite Pieces
Morganite might not be a gemstone you're overly familiar with, so we wanted to give you a bit of insight into what we think is a fabulous gemstone and reveal some of our favourite Morganite jewellery pieces...
Part of the Beryl family of minerals which also includes emerald and aquamarine, Morganite is generally a pinky orange colour stone whose subtle colour is the result of traces of manganese.
For those that like delicate pinky tones, Morganite is a great gemstone to choose and it looks gorgeous in a silver or gold setting, but we particularly love it set in gold.
Facts About Morganite
- Unlike gemstones like Tanzanite, Morganite can be found in countries all over the world, but most of the supply comes from mines located in Brazil.
- Morganite is rated at 7.5 - 8 on the Mohs scale, making it a relatively hard gemstone.
- The Guiness World Records, reports that the largest piece of uncut morganite ever found weighed in at a whopping 600 carats, equivilent to 1.38Kg.
- Light coloured morganite can be treated with heat or irradiation to increase the depth of colour.
- Morganite can be similar colour and appearance to Diamonds, but is a more affordable gemstone choice.
- For those born in October, Morganite is their birthstone, associated with the astrological sign of Libra.
- In addition to being used in jewellery, Morganite is used in the manufacturing of electronic components.
Some Of Our Favourite Morganite Jewellery
An organically shaped pendant necklace set with a carved morganite gemstone.
This pendant necklace features a hand-cut morganite gemstone, made with gold plated sterling silver on a 16" gold chain.
A beautiful cuff from the latest range of our gemstone laden Kelly Bracelets. Each gemstone in these pieces is hand selected and we choose specifically free-size, organically formed stones making each cuff individual and one of a kind.
A limited edition, longer length necklace set with a beautiful combination of gemstones. Peach coloured moonstones and sapphires are set alongside beautiful blue aquamarines.
A gorgeous cuff set with morganite gemstones. Each gemstone in this Audrey collection of gemstone cuffs is hand selected and we choose specifically free-size, organically formed stones; giving the design an individual charm.
A mesmerising, one of a kind necklace set with morganite gemstones. Morganite is a variety of the beryl mineral and is known for its appealing pastel shades of pink or peach.
See our full range of Morganite jewellery here.